Monday, November 19, 2012

I Christen Thee, A Book!

That's right, folks. Saturday was the big day for the launch of WHO WILL DANCE WITH ME? While the party involved treats more along the lines of sugar cookies than champagne, it was still a pretty good success. A huge thanks to Books on the Square for hosting and to Carole and Penny, the event coordinators, for all their help. They made things go much more smoothly than I ever could.




Also, I announced the winners of my I Want to Dance! contest. Thank you to everyone who participated. I'm glad I didn't have to make the decision on my own.

And the winners are:

Congratulations to The Taylor Trio, Nicholas, Natalie & Abigail. Your copy is in the mail. I hope you enjoy it.

Since I can't really do an acknowledgement page in my book, I wanted to take this time to thank everyone who made this possible. First, my creative partner, without whom there really would be no book, just a bunch of words and stick figures on paper. Linda, thank you for all the work you've put into this project.

To my uncredited editor and best friend since kindergarten, Lindsey Gemme. You've always been one of my biggest supporters and most valuable critics. Love you!

To my husband and children. Without them, the creative spark wouldn't have been lit. Thank you for putting up with my craziness and occasional bouts of mental vacantness.

To all my friends and family, thank you for all your love and support during these last couple of years, and these last six months in particular. My mom and dad, Wilfred and Paula, for always believing in me. My brothers, Zachary, Matthew and Aaron, for keeping my imagination going when we were kids.

Love and thanks to everyone. I hope this is the first of many great launch events.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy that your launch was a success. It's too bad we don't live closer - I'd have loved to have brought my kids along to pick up their very own copy! :)

    ReplyDelete